Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Six Weeks, Six Different Teachers

Sketchbook Skool is now in week two--and the topic of the second lesson is Reportage, with a focus on making expressive lines.

Teacher #2 was not as inspiring as Teacher #1 for me, but the real problem is not the teacher; it's the fact that I have so far not gotten the hang of drawing. I've discovered no latent talent in myself, but I expect to stumble across a line or two in the next week on the road that will at least encourage me to stay in the game.

What I'm doing tonight is browsing the many drawings from my classmates all over the world. I just captured a few that I want to put on my blog so that I can study them carefully, see what these artists are doing. Our assignment was to walk in a park or a public place and sketch what we saw.

I should credit the artists here, but for now, these are just going up as some of my inspiration pieces:

Getting the details of the poochy-bellied man with the cap,
the woman wearing a hat from behind: I think that's what I'm after.

I like the simple lines with just a little color in this one.

And this one, too--the little bits of color in the fruits
at the farmers' market.

Here, I like the color of the crowd of people, the tent.

No comments: