Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Humor in the morning

Okay, here we go, launching our Mike-Wants-It-Just-Right Project--and Linda does too.  I hear him already loading the big girl bed into his truck to return the antique store.

A while back, I was having dinner with the Pritchetts and Nathan asked, "Do you think Mike would make me a go-cart?"

"Let's ask him," I said, and called Mike on the phone.

"Sure, I will.  I'll start looking for parts."

That's all it took.  This trip Mike came in his truck so he could deliver Nathan's country-boy-bumpy-road go cart.  For a man who's built who-knows-how-many cars out of parts, a beginner go-cart made on a lawn mower base was easy.

Mike wakes me up everyday laughing.  He never tells jokes, but he tells stories that are hilarious.  Throughout the day, he makes observations  that crack me up.  I love laughing--don't do enough of it!

So this morning I thought I would tell him a joke, the only one I know.  Alan told me the joke in Georgia and I remembered it well, acted it out--I thought--to perfection.  Got all the details right. It was about a monkey who could do sign language.

At the end of the joke, Mike asked, seriously,  "Is that the end of the story?"

I flopped in my joke-telling, apparently.  I shall move on to other careers, as I would never make it as a stand up comic.

I will, however, assist Mike for two weeks on projects and I hope the results are not too funny.

No comments: