Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

Kurt and Sura

This morning, I finally had to say good-bye to the cast of characters I've been following all week--the villains and virtuous people who wound up in Istanbul.  Once I started, I couldn't let them go until the final scene.  I've been thinking all day about Kurt and Sura and Mervet and all the mamas and uncles and soldiers....

I was sure I knew where it was going to end, but was I right?

Stories, even imperfectly written, can captivate us if we care about characters.  Yes, there are some holes in the plot.  There are some questions never quite answered or conflicts never resolved.  But oh there are some beautiful scenes and lovely relationships!

So often in stories, as in life, we watchers say, "Just tell her!" or "Just reveal the secret!" or "Just give up your pride and go tell him you were lying!" Here, give me a pen and let me write a scene that fixes what looks unfixable!

It's been a worthy trip.  I wish we had a Season Two.  But then again, I'd never get packed or get my house cleaned or see my friends!




No comments: