Pages

Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 23: April 3

Like everyone out there trying to resist the urge to overdose on bad news and feel enraged at a few blockhead politicians, I'm going to report some sunshine.

1. My dear friend Kara surprised me yesterday with this bouquet, delivered in a little pot I'd given her for her birthday.  "I want the vase back," she said--and she will get it back with flowers in it after these wither.  In the meanwhile, picked fresh flowers and greens are a spot of happy!



2. Day and I got this text from Nana/Carlene:

I am just back from Walk 2.  Can't let my legs get wobbly.  Our street is like peppermint--red azaleas and white dogwoods and trees look like a contest of which can stretch taller and I am sitting in freshly washed carport living room eating a beautiful apple and am perfectly miserable!  Sympathy appreciated! 

(She's actually doesn't DO miserable.)

3. I've been painting papers this morning and watching a video on Wanderlust 2020 by Mary Beth Shaw.  I'd watched several of her videos on You Tube, but this class gave me some new techniques I can't wait to try.

4. It's a cloudy day in San Antonio, and I think I'll take a little walk after catching up with Andrew Cuomo, the man I wish were President.


No comments: