Pages

Friday, August 19, 2022

A tiny little eye feast this Friday morning

Yesterday, Elena FaceTimed me to show me the first hatchling. Its name (already inscribed on his or her shell in Magic Marker) is Blueberry Wine.  I'll call it Blue for short since it barely weighs anything and the full name is so heavy. 

"Feast your eyes!" she said as she held out the little black chick for me to admire.

As requested, Luci and I will be there early.  As of last night, there were 17 more and she could hear their faint chirps through the shells.  Elena wants us to see some hatching at the Helotes Hatchery.  

The doc yesterday eliminated vascular reasons for my foot pain and advised I get a really good pair of tennis shoes, walking shoes, sports shoes--whatever you call them.  I have high arches and the pain could be coming from falling arches as I live my life barefoot or in sandals.  "Anyway," she said, "You're at the age when like a car things just start breaking down every few years. "

Ugh oh!  

But at least there's a temporary remedy: Getting new shoes and feasting my eyes--both of which are on my to-do list this morning. 


No comments: