Pages

Friday, September 22, 2023

Some series you might like....

Coincidentally, the English actress, Lesley Manaville,  has starred in three of the last several series I've enjoyed: Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, Magpie Murders, and World On Fire.

Her roles, in these three of her many roles, are spunky independent women. 




World on Fire's second season begins on PBS on October 15th.  I've just watched the first season set in World War II before the Americans joined the British in their fight against Nazis. (If you want to watch Season 1, you'll need to subscribe to Masterpiece on Prime because only three episodes are available on the PBS site.)

I don't have the greatest memory for the names of outstanding actors, but her characters are memorable and nuanced, so I looked her up.  She's won  numerous awards for her acting on stage and screen.

After I finish Magpie Murders, I plan to watch Phantom Threads again and other movies and series she's starred in.  

Another English actor I love is Nicola Walker--who starred in the first four episodes of The Unforgotten. (All five seasons are available on PBS).   








No comments: