Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Potato Poem

Just got this text from Day--a picture of a poem from one of her students.  This kid is obviously a pragmatist--but who knew you could charge a phone with a potato?  I learn something new every day.



"Why give someone flowers that are only meant to be pretty when you can give them a potato with so many uses? A potato can be baked, fried, smushed, fired from a cannon and best of all charge a phone, so the next time you go to a flower shop, buy a potato instead and they will be amazed at how much thought went into their wonderful gift."

My inbox is filled with sweet messages and I'm too sleepy to respond just yet.  I have NO pain--just dealing with the residual grogginess of anesthesia--a word that I couldn't even spell last night!


No comments: