Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2021

A writing prompt for you

What people, places, and things have helped you get through this otherwise intolerable year?

We wrote about this in my online writing group led by no one.  This writing group has been one of them for me--six of us just writing, giving spare if any feedback to the seven-minute prompts provided by each of us on a rotating basis.  It's like a group blog.  I always check my email first thing every morning to see what the prompt is.  

Today is was this: You have friends coming to visit from out of town. They will only be in town for a day. Where do you take them and why? Describe the places/things you insist they must see/do with as much detail as possible.  

Another one this week: Write about a time when you were willing to make yourself vulnerable. 

So I offer this prompt to you this week--start making a list of the people, places, and things that helped you get through this otherwise intolerable year. It's my version of a gratitude list in retrospect.  

No comments: