Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Freda's birthday lunch

Joy and Bonnie and I celebrated with Freda for her birthday at the beautiful restaurant Jardin at Botanical Gardens. Every bite of tapas, salmon and dessert was delicious!






It was wonderful to share a meal outside on this the first day of April--and we all highly recommend the food and ambiance of Jardin.

When I got home, Luci was right where I left her, looking out the window for me to come home.  What a welcome!


A poem shared by Bonnie, by Marge Piercy:

What happiness looks like 
Some things are ordinary but perfect:
drinking coffee on summer mornings
with you as the cats laze about, fed,
on you or on me or curled together
in the bay window on a sunny pillow.
Outside the weeping beech stirs
in the wind, leaves hanging down
like just washed long tresses.
We talk softly of the pending day.
This is all I would need of heaven
that I don’t believe in, but this
I believe.








No comments: