Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Quick update

Yesterday I returned to physical therapy, much more painful and ultimately more effective than home PT.  Due to administrative red tape, there had been a two week break between the two and my leg was getting stiffer.  After a challenging hour-long session, I began to feel hopeful again and my new knee is moving with more ease today.

So now I'm in for the next long haul: three times a week for six weeks, plus three daily at-home exercise routines.

I'm not all sunshine yet; I'm moody, prickly, and cry easily.  Betty did some research and told me that post surgery depression is common.  Three hours under anesthesia together with pharmaceuticals--it takes a while to get all that out of the system. 

I can drive, clean my house, get in and out of the bathtub, and even walk Luci around the block, but I'm doing everything in slow gear. 


No comments: