Pages

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Ten Feel Goods

1. 

Playing the New York Times word games every day and "not stopping til you reach genius on Spelling Bee"--a goal I borrowed from Janet.  Some days are easier than others.  Monday and Tuesday this week were buggers!  But today they lightened up on us players and made it easy peasy.  It feels really good--if not entirely accurate--to be called "genius" first thing in the morning.

2.

Going to a nail salon, store, or a favorite restaurant where Luci is welcomed.  Since she's almost always with me in the car, I don't have to drive her home if I get a sudden urge to have lunch or get a pedicure.

3. 

Watching "Dear Edward" (Apple TV) while cutting up papers for the Five Day Book Challenge. Charlotte gave me a gift last year--a whole package of beautiful paper placemats, too pretty to lay under drippy foods and drinks.  I've been saving it for a book project, and the Five Day Challenge is shaping up with paper placemats. 

4. 

Packing for a retreat at the coast with friends I've known and loved for fifty years.  We're taking not only food and drinks but activities.  My part is to teach them to make a simple book out of file folders and collaged papers. 

5

Janet always being happy to see Luci show up at Camp Jannie while I'm gone.  

6.

Bypassing my usual frugality and signing up for five art online art classes, most of which stretch out throughout the year. (1) Wanderlust--a yearlong class with a variety of teachers.  (2) Art is Magic--similar to Wanderlust, different artists. (3) Gel Printing Summit (4) A collage class with Lyn Belisle. And (5) The Handmade Book Club. 

7.

Planning a trip to Georgia with Day to celebrate her 53rd, my 75th--bathing ourselves in fall foliage in the North Georgia mountains. 

8.

Luci crawling under the covers when I watch movies in bed.  The feel of her soft fur against my legs.   Just knowing she's there, all that furry sweetness!

9.

Getting back, slowly, to book making.  It's fascinating to learn different structures--accordion books, coptic and other methods of sewing signatures together, round books, altering vintage books, etc.

10.

A surprise delivered by mail--even if I ordered it myself and forgot.  




No comments: