Pages

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

The first week of October

I've been having a mostly zip-a-dee-doo-dah week.  Lots of things are going my way....

(Knock on wood, please)

A big chunk of the credit goes to Cecelia, dear friend and massage therapist since the 1980s.   She gave me an amazing massage for an early birthday present--what could be better?--and then suggested we try a machine  that works in subtle ways on the nerves to repair nerve damage.  She's been offering me this for months, but I have been skeptical and too preoccupied with other treatments to add one more. 

It's not a one and done kind of thing.  I've had three treatments so far and it seems to be making a difference--that along with physical therapy and dietary changes.  Who knows? But I'm giving it a go with a grateful heart!  For more hours than usual, my feet have been less grumpy today. 

Sometimes the solution to problems may be close to home all along.  

Luci agrees.  I've been trying out the best quality dog foods (the ones you have to order online), but she eats them grudgingly, reluctantly, without a smidge of joy.  Or she goes a couple of days without eating.   Ever since her second skunk encounter, her caloric intake has been even less than usual. 

While Jan and I were discussing this in her kitchen, we noticed Luci had scarfed up a whole bowl of Carma's kibble!  Not only did she eat it with gusto, but she held her head up and crunched each bite loudly, giving me a look of reproach: "See, Ma, this is what I like!  Why can't WE have good stuff like this at our house?"

Jan gave us a baggie to bring home.  So far, Luci has refused to touch the very same food in our house!  Some people might say--Jan (who loves her (actually did say), she's a "manipulative little bitch." (Too bad the English language has taken the word for female dogs as an unpleasant moniker for human women!) 

Next door's dining fare is always better than same ole, same ole in the regular old bowl at home. 

I canceled her veterinary appointment for tomorrow and have decided to just give it time.  She's fine--just picky.  We just took a walk in the wonderful rain and she seemed perky as ever. 

While I'm at the coast this weekend, she'll be at Camp Jannie's so she'll get to enjoy Other People's Food again for a few days.  And play with Bill and Janet and their four dogs.  I expect it will be a zip-a-dee-doo-dah weekend for my sweet little mutt. 







No comments: