Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

MONDAY

I woke up late this morning--to the sound of pressure washers, voices outside my window, and scraping shovels.  Martin's crew promised to be all done when Carlene arrives today, and they are delivering on that promise by the skin of all our teeth.

Carlene's plane was delayed; instead of getting here at three, she's spending the day in the Atlanta airport and will arrive at 10:00. I'd made dinner ahead for tonight, so I delivered parts of it to Will's house and went to the rock store and bought flagstone for a walkway connecting the house to the casita. Elena's sick anyway, so we're postponing our family get-together until Friday.

In the middle of the night, I finished season 1 of Mindhunters. Ironically, this morning my phone told me that Charles Manson died--he being one of the criminals featured in the story on which this series was based.

Psychological profiling by the FBI began in the seventies.  It's commonplace now but was an infant science in the age of Manson, Speck, Son of Sam and Charles Whitman.  The series traces the development of techniques used to get inside the minds of serial killers.

The weather is amazing today and I wish you all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING week!


No comments: