Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Magic With Color

Alcohol ink--which I learned about at "You Tube University"--is really fun to play with.  I started on Yupo Paper, which is really a very thin plastic but quite expensive per square inch.

One of the You Tube teachers gave me this bit of advice: Instead of Yupo try the back side of glossy photo printer paper.  She named a certain brand--I'll look it up--but the package of Epson 4 x 6 pieces I got today from the thrift shop works very well.

One drop of one color, let it spread as it will, then drop another adjacent to it and the second color will move the first color as it wishes.  Keep adding colors until the design looks like you want it to do.  If you like, you can also drop  91% alcohol on top of the wet color and see what happens.

Just a touch of magic in case you have someone who might like to play colors with you.

Elena is on her way over after a birthday party, and we're going to make some magic happen and I'll post pictures when we're all done.


No comments: