Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

First Lady

 on Showtime features Eleanor Roosevelt, Betty Ford, and Michelle Obama.  

During the last two days or so, I've watched all ten episodes and definitely found it worth watching--though I'd have cast Michelle and Barrack differently.

After I got used to the actors playing the O'Bama family, I went with it, but it's harder to see a film based on living people in such recent history without superimposing in the mind's eye the real Michelle and Barrack, my personal favorites as President and First Lady.

Nevertheless, it's worth getting a month of Showtime to see the series, a reminder of the challenge of  "belonging to the country" for four, eight, or more years.  Eleanor was First Lady into Franklin's fourth term, Michelle for two, and Betty for only the remainder of one term after Nixon left office.  





No comments: