Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Ailing Luci

Luci's been lethargic and sad.  She drapes her head down off the sofa and rarely seems her perky self. When Carma comes to visit, she hides behind me, refusing to play. 

Unable to get a vet appointment until next week, I decided to take her this morning to Penny, our favorite groomer.

Luci loves Penny and wags her tail a little when she sees her.  I told Penny I'd bathed her in Janet's de-skunk recipe but I could still smell a tiny whiff of skunk.  Penny said she'd recently learned that getting skunked can make a dog sick or depressed!  Who knew? Maybe a good deep clean can rouse her back to her normal self without Prozac.  

Here's the recipe should you have an animal who gets sprayed:

1 cup hydrogen peroxide

A handful of baking soda

Dawn dishwashing detergent.

When I bathed her in this mix, she was so docile and sweet that I'm sure she knew what the goal was and was grateful!  But even a lingering smell of skunk, Penny said, can be very irritating to dogs whose sense of smell is "a hundred times more sensitive than human's."

I have been feeding her good quality dog food, Dr. Marty's, but she's been refusing to eat it.  So I've ordered her another brand to try: Badlands.  It's full of super nutrients--like the ones I'm trying on myself--including turmeric.  The sales pitch was convincing and I hope it adds to her pep and cheer!



No comments: