Pages

Friday, December 8, 2023

Sawasdee Adventure

Sawasdee's is, in mine and Luci's opinions, the best Thai restaurant in town.  (They are closing and later moving in late January--so if you've not tried it, it's on Blanco Road near 410.)

First of all, the food is unfailingly delicious.  

Second, the owners welcome Luci.  Sometimes one of the sister-owners lays her apron on the floor for Luci to lie on.  "It's too cold on that floor for Luci Lou," they say.  Sometimes they bring her a little bowl of cooked chicken.  Always they tell her, "I love you, Luci Lou."  

As I was paying for my late lunch there today, a man asked me, "What kind of dog is that?"--and I told him a few of my guesses.  "I just had to ask you because I have her twin," he said. 

Josh drives all the way from Medina Lake at least once a month to eat at Sawasdee's.  He didn't bring Dolly (Luci's twin) along, but we had a long conversation about the two.  When he showed me her pictures, it was obvious that these two could have been litter mates--both have big fluffy tails, both have one ear up one ear down, and their faces are remarkably similar.  Dolly is a tad heavier than Luci, and her coloring is different, but their resemblance is striking.



When Luci jumped onto Josh's leg to stretch, Josh said, "Wow, Dolly does that all the time."

So he took a picture of Luci and showed me how Google can guess the breed of a dog from a picture.  For both dogs, the Greek breed KOKONI came up; second-runner up was DORGI--a combination of Corgi and Dachshund.  

We traded phone numbers.  Next time he comes in for his curry, we're going to share lunch--and dogs.  

No comments: