Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Santa Claus may be alive and well after all

One of the fun things about keeping a blog is getting emails in response to them that make me smile.  This morning I got this one from my friend Diana Storrs, and I asked her if could post it:

Linda,
I just read your blog on the Bachelor.  What a HOOT!  I'm embarrassed to say I have never watched longer than the few seconds it takes to scroll past it while channel surfing, but sounds like you have nailed it, perfectly describing the vacuousness, inanity and just plain sadness of it all.  Because I haven't watched an entire episode, I'm not qualified to comment, but I just love any chance to use words like "vacuousness and inanity"!

This "girl" is hooked on Hoarders, which makes me feel very neat and tidy; and those shows where a complete dump of a house is turned into a wonderful, tasteful, tidy home, on a miniscule budget that would make Martha Stewart weep.

When they are finished with the makeover, tiny, dark rooms are transformed into pleasing, airy spaces, the kitchen becomes a glossy, efficient space with artfully placed bowls of impossibly perfect fruit.
You get the idea.

I'm sure these programs speak to some dark corner of my psyche, assuring me that, yes, Diana, there IS a Santa Claus!

Love you, girl!
Keep it coming.
Di

No comments: