Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

a Mexican dream

I had a dream last night in which I was at the border of the United States and Mexico, shopping in a little village.  I bought two bags of jelly beans on sale.  I should say I attempted to buy two bags of jelly beans.  It was Christmas day.  I couldn't get anyone to tell me the price in English and I only had five American dollars.  I was begging everyone in the store to tell me how much jelly beans would cost, but nobody would talk to me.  Before I got an answer, the five dollar bill blew away.

A dream of jelly beans and borders is probably not about jelly beans and borders. Dreams of frustrating miscommunications are rarely about actual languages.

So maybe I'm in a border region, wondering about the cost of something....








No comments: