Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Learning to sew

Ever since Elena found my basket of fabric, she's wanted me to "teach her sewing," so tonight was Lesson #1.

Before she arrived, I filled one of my old sewing baskets with needles, thread, fabric, buttons and measuring tape.  She was so excited we had to take the sewing basket with us to dinner.

We made a yellow cat and a red felt heart, stuffed them, and glued on sequins and eyes and bows.  Then she wanted to use the "sewer" so she sat in my lap, intent on watching, as we made a bag for carrying her animals around. "Don't let your finger get stuck in the pokey thing," she cautioned.

By night's end, she had a bag full of things she'd made and wanted to stay a little longer to "make a computer out of fabric with little buttons on it," but I was saved by the bell--her parents' arrival.  I'm thinking I may need to acquire more sewing skills to accomplish that ambitious a project.





No comments: