Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Days Like These

Nothing says it better than Van Morrison's song, "Days Like This...."

I played this one morning in Virginia on Day's porch--my way of capturing a perfect morning, easy weather, no one complaining, everything fallen into place.  Not all days are perfect, but when we stumble upon or create one, it's important to carve it into memory with music....

When it's not always raining there'll be days like this
When there's no one complaining there'll be days like this
When everything falls into place like the flick of a switch

Well my mama told me there'll be days like this 
When you don't need to worry there'll be days like this
When no one's in a hurry there'll be days like this

When you don't get betrayed by that old Judas kiss
Oh my mama told me there'll be days like this 
When you don't need an answer there'll be days like this
When you don't meet a chancer there'll be days like this
When all the parts of the puzzle start to look like they fit it
Then I must remember there'll be days like this 
When no one steps on my dreams there'll be days like this
When people understand what I mean there'll be days like this

Coming home is not entirely easy--transitioning back into solo life after being with a flurry of energetic kids and former kids--so I'm just staying abed mostly and savoring the week with my children and grands.
This re-entry day was a terrific one--thanks to a delicious breakfast on Kate's porch and a package that arrived in the mail.  My friend Chris, who makes amazing jewelry--made this stunning turquoise necklace (and matching earrings) for me!  



No comments: