Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Harvey the Hurricane Watch

As we watch news of Harvey's impending landfall, Jan and I are packing for a trip to Connecticut to visit Lorraine.  Weather permitting, we will fly out on Sunday.

While there, we'll be celebrating Jan's birthday and getting to know Lorraine's other home--and we are SO excited!

Due to predictions of chilly weather, I borrowed Pam's larger suitcase for the trip so I will have room to pack a jacket.  I'm pretty sure I have a jacket, though it's been ages since I've needed one.

When I went to pick up the suitcase today, I saw a rug in her living room that Lorraine had once given me and that I passed on to Pam when I began changing my color scheme.  There you go--the circle goes unbroken, as the song says: Lorraine's rug is beautiful in Pam's house and Pam's suitcase will accompany me to Lorraine's house!

Last week, Kate hosted a delicious brunch for the Drop-Outs--Kate, Charlotte, Gerlinde, and me--and while there, Gerlinde told us about a telenovela she's hooked on and I'm closing out my night enjoying episode three on Netflix:  La Esclava Blanca.

We got a bit of rain today, but are expecting a possible deluge tomorrow and possibly Saturday.  Will and his crew are doing additional training in hurricane rescue maneuvers, and I'm hoping that Harvey surprises the weather forecasters and peters out before it hits land in Corpus.


No comments: