Pages

Friday, August 11, 2017

Reflections of the Virginia Trip Part 2

     9

At Tyson's Corner (their mall), I had the pleasure of buying Day a purse and wallet for her upcoming teaching year.  Then we walked to the leather store just in time for me to buy a leather portfolio for the chief and a case for Veronica's new career in real estate.  I felt like a mom helping my kiddos get ready for school again--so much fun!   Day wanted us to all pose with our new leather presents before we left for the airport.  Tom wasn't with us for shopping day, so I bought myself a small black and white pocket book....



     10

Everyone felt good the entire week.   I did stay home for one outing, only because I prefer the non-sport of porch sitting to miniature golf, but our party of seven was treated to free games because the boy who worked there,  a former student of Day's,  said she was his favorite teacher ever.



    11

I took advantage of Day's computer and design skills to finish my dining room plan. I'd settled on the curtains from Anthropologie, the table, and a floor lamp, but was having trouble deciding on the color for the walls--teal, navy or light blue.  Also, the rug choice has been a bugger--as I've bought and sent back quite a few already.

Who knew?  You can take screen shots of rugs and paint chips and juxtapose them on the photographs of a room and voila! no more re-wrapping and schlepping of rugs!

     12

Carlene calls me the "bag lady" because I love bags.  Unfortunately, I don't always choose the best ones for a particular trip.  The one I love for road trips is absolutely wrong for air travel, but I forgot that fact when I packed my camera, chargers, iPod, laptop and magazines in the open-topped one, the one that when you lay it under the seat in front of you ejects all its contents upon take-off.

Will suggested I get a back pack for my carry-on for my next flight--so today (too tired to do anything else) I'm online shopping for back packs and already looking forward to my more organized flight to Connecticut  in a couple of weeks!





No comments: