Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

Udemy.com

I am doing trial videos of several photography classes at Udemy.com. I can't believe how much information there is in each class!

When you open the home page, you can search for different topics--in photography and other subjects.  Then all the classes related to your topic will appear.  You can watch quite a lot of samples before you splurge on the $9.99 class!

Each teacher explains things differently, of course--and you get a chance to see if you like the style of teaching of each instructor.  The subjects that have long been intimidating for me--aperture, shutter speed, exposure compensation, and ISO--are finally starting to sink in, as every photography class covers these subjects.

For about the price of one movie ticket, you get several hours (about five I think) of instruction and this is the best bargain on the internet I've found, even better than iPhonePhotography Academy's prices.  I'm glad I've done classes in both.  I get to keep them and review them as many times as I like and refer back to particular lectures when I need to.

Another venue for lifetime students like me is Masterclass.  I haven't taken one of these yet, but they are probably good as well.  Each Masterclass is $100.


No comments: