Pages

Monday, October 5, 2020

2 Things I Learned Today

          1. 

I mailed my ballot on Friday, though I'd thought I might vote in person.  Freda informed me that you "Track your Ballot" by going to the Bexar County site.  Which I did--and the ballot has safely arrived. 

          2.

I've never been very good at spray painting, so I hired Pedro to paint a couple of old chairs for me.  Turned out I could have done a marginally better job myself.  (AND I'd have put down a drop cloth so that the ground wouldn't have a big blue patch on it.) 

So I went to my favorite hardware store on McCullough, and my new pal, the graffiti artist, told me what to do:

Go to Jerry's Art O-Rama and buy yourself the kind of spray paint graffiti artists use and a nozzle called Big Shot.  He demonstrated how to do it a portion of the chair at a time, easy peasy, and to dry each portion a minute with a hair dryer before proceeding to the next part.  With these paints and the wide nozzle, and because they have more pressure than standard spray paints, you don't need to warm the bottom of the can in the hot water before spraying--which, actually, I didn't know you were supposed to do.

On the day before you paint, leave the chairs out in the hot sun all day so that the not-so-good paint can cure before applying the new paint. 

I've been to Jerry's countless times but never even noticed the section with spray paints used by graffiti artists and muralists.  I will go there tomorrow and buy myself a couple of cans.  (Two cans of this paint equals 6 cans of Krylon.) 


      


No comments: