Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Mama and Them

In Georgia, when we were going to see family, we'd say, "Going to see Mama and 'em."  It was like one word--Mama'n'em.

The "them" could be one other person or fourteen other people.  It was Mama who stood for the whole destination. 

So I am loosely planning a spring trip to Georgia to see Mama'n'em.  After Spring Break, before Easter.  Today, I got  steroid shots in my knees, so my grouchy mood is  already improving.  Knee replacements are on the horizon.  I get to decide when that happens.  

Before I go, I'm working--more accurately watching Albert work--to get rid of frozen plants and prepare for spring plantings.  Yesterday he dug up five large rosemary plants that were dead to the bone and trimmed back the Esperanza and others who promise to bloom again as the weather warms.  

Mama (aka Carlene) is making an exception and letting Luci come inside the house, but I hope to teach Furry Girl a few manners before we go--like not jumping up in Mama's lap and trying to kiss her.

Now that I'm not limping so much, I'm starting to look forward to embarking on a trip.  


No comments: