Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tuesday

        I wish I hadn't been driving when I heard a poem on NPR yesterday--about how we're starting over as COVID winds down.  The line I remember is that we're all looking around with "a nervous smile," not knowing quite how to maneuver the world as it opens up after vaccines.  I feel exactly like that, sometimes  feeling very happy to be doing a normal thing again, then feeling questions arise: can I do this?  can I do that?  Am I ready to drive solo cross country--with Luci?

        I'm certainly ready to see all my people and may just wake up one fine day and hit the road.  But first, I want to get my yard re-planted and the irrigation system checked and a new table refinished.  Shades of Green had plenty of star jasmine so I bought four pots of it to get started.  

         Joy made me a list of plants, and I've been to both Evergreen and Shades of Green.  Evergreen is low on stock for the next week or two, but Sunset has lots of plants and gave me a recipe for the vinegar and orange oil weed killer, which I plan to mix up this afternoon.

         I saw a yard full of poppies two streets over and am hoping to name a run to Castroville and see if theirs are blooming yet.  Poppies are magical.  I meant to plant some here but forgot!




No comments: