Pages

Friday, June 17, 2022

Summer camp on Ogden Lane

Today was like spontaneous summer camp for Jan and me.   We made gel prints all morning, then went our separate ways for lunch and naps.  We'd planned to meet Victoria for a swim in the afternoon, but when we got there, a kid had pooped in the pool and nobody was allowed in the water until they "shocked" it.  I don't know what that means, but it takes a while, so we returned to gel printing. 

Then Jan offered to share another of her delicious dinners with me--beet soup (which I loved and I don't even like beets), leftover salad from her last night's salon, and quesadillas with cheese.  Then a dip of ice cream and homemade Mexican wedding cookies for dessert.  Luci and Carma are friends again, so they've had a fun-filled day as well. 

Whole day visits like this, broken up for naps and whatnot, are the perfect way to spend a hot summer day in air-conditioning.  And we have a stack of gel prints.  Maybe next summer she'll join me and we'll wallpaper both our houses.  

Luci looked longingly at her table and jumped in my lap.  "So this is what people eat and say is so delicious while we dogs get kibble?  Not fair!"

While we were printing pages of luscious colors, Luci and Carma were playing camp games for dogs--biting and licking and jumping on each other.  


No comments: