Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

A different kind of travel

I've spent a few months in the Land of Infirmity, meeting a grumpier limpier  version of myself.  It's not pretty. 

Carlene always says, "Everything is tuition"--and I can vouch for it.  Chronic pain teaches patience on good days and accepting emotional outbursts on other days.  

On Friday, I got two steroid shots in each foot.  Because I'm a chicken and because friends told me the horrors of needles in the feet, I opted to sleep during the procedure.  The outcome is iffy.  

On Saturday morning, I walked Luci, cleaned the pollen-encrusted porch,  and rearranged a bit of furniture.

On Sunday, I had a meltdown.  I cried and considered moving to another country, the Land of Infirmity enough already! 

Monday was a respite from ups and downs--an easy day in which I dared to believe the needles had injected magic after all.

Today, the roller coaster dipped again. 

So what's the lesson?  I will let you know.  At the moment, I'm collecting travel brochures. 

No comments: