Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris

The last few days--where to start?

I'll start with last night's dinner, Lorraine and I on the patio of Down on Grayson, white lights twinkling, Luci on the ground quietly whimpering with desire to play with the giant Bernedoodle at the next table. 

We two humans enjoyed a yummy dinner--Thai steak salad and onion rings (I'd been craving onion rings for weeks) and I kept thinking how fun it was to be out, at night, in the world of people who go festive places at night.  

As we were leaving, I walked Luci over to the enormous dog, a bit trepidatious, but they liked each other right away.  For all their obvious differences, they know: we're both the same sort of creature.  



I felt so energized by the outing that I didn't want to go to bed. So I stayed up for two cinema trips, the pair of them lasting until 2:00 in the morning. Usually, I watch more  serious fare, but these picks took me to Bali, England, and Paris, made me happy and delivered sweet dreams. 

Ticket to Paradise was pure fun--starring George Clooney and Julia Roberts, long-divorced middle-aged parents of Lily. When Lily's law school graduation trip to Bali becomes romantic, her parents fly to Bali to save her from "making the same mistake we made." 

Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris is, at the moment, my new favorite feel-good movie.  It's about an English cleaning woman who follows her dreams, and that's all I'm going to say for now.  




No comments: