Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Socializing

June is off to a great start: a leisurely lunch and conversation at Adalante, swimming at a friend's house with Elena, and having dinner tonight with my daughter-in-law, Bonnie, while Will is in Indiana.

"Swimming is my most favorite thing," Elena said
as we were leaving Janet's.  "Can we come back here
again?"  She also got to see Janet's pet duck sitting
on her nest of eggs!

Wearing plastic purple high heels
and shopping for a chinchilla




After a swim at Janet's and a nap, Elena and I went to Petco to look at hamsters, gerbils, mice, fish, and all the rest.  She fell in love with a chinchilla and said, "I'm going to ask my daddy to buy me him."

With a horse, a goat, three dogs, three chickens, and a cat, I doubt that Daddy is going to want to shell out $200 for a chinchilla, but when we went to dinner at Sushiana with her mom, Elena put four pennies in the wishing well and asked for a "Chinchilla for me and a mice for Nathan."



No comments: