Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Full Moon and Lightning

Finally, we got some rain--and it's a beautiful light show tonight with the full moon.

Mike and I spent all afternoon at the rheumatologist's office.  The previous doctor way back had diagnosed "minor scleroderma" and a very strict diet.  This new doctor said I only have one of the five markers for that and that the all-over body aches I've been having don't add up to fibromyalgia either.  So he's prescribing a medication for the body aches, avoiding stress, getting plenty of rest, and exercising and doing yoga three or four times a week.  I can do all that a lot easier than a diet of all celery and cabbage and coconuts.  He still wants me to get a couple of other tests this month, but for now, I'm relieved that I apparently don't have scleroderma.

So tomorrow, I'll get back to the gym and go to yoga on Wednesday--and I'll be on the road to wellness.

It was so good to have Mike with me for the doctor's appointment!  I'm squeamish about blood work and he stood right there with me and made jokes, rendering the whole thing almost painless.




No comments: