Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hagerstown, Maryland and New Hope, Pennsylvania

We spent the afternoon in Fredrick, Maryland,  where Mike had to have his brakes replaced.  Then we went to Hagerstown where we rented a room in a three story farmhouse.

A story is 13 wooden steps--I now know because I fell down the entire flight backwards that night.  There was a step outside the bathroom door that I didn't expect and when I fell on the landing I just kept going, thump thump thump, all the way down to the wall.

I now have a knot on the top of my head and bruises everywhere--unpleasant souvenirs from a fall.

The owner, a massage therapist, had arnica for the bruises and nothing seems to be broken, so we are carrying on.  Last night we arrived here in New Hope, Pennsylvania, a beautiful place on the water that divides Pennsylvania from New Jersey.

Mike wanted to go to a flea market in Lambertville, so we went over the bridge to New Jersey and moseyed for a bit, then had a good lunch in a Pennsylvania diner.  I'm home for the rest of the day, aching all over.




No comments: