Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Back to blogging

This blogspot has become a comfy old sofa for me, a place to remember stuff, review books and movies, report on fun times with people I love,  and rant. It's been a random four-year scrapbook and it's been a sort of friend---though I sometimes think it's a bit presumptuous to think that even my closest friends are interested in the minutia of my days.  Then I recall Mary Oliver's question:

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do 
with your one wild and precious life?” 

I'm returning to blogging after a two-week hiatus, and I hope this year, on the road to 70, will be both wild and precious.

After physical therapy this morning I came home to find a book in my mail slot I'd ordered for Elena, After the Fall (How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again.--by Dan Santat, a Caldecott Medal Winner.

My name is Humpty Dumpty.  I'm famous for falling off a wall.

(You may have heard about it.)

But that's only half the story...
Because I decided to get back up.
And when I did, something amazing happened....





No comments: