Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

The Road to Seventy has gotten off to a beautiful start!

Betty and I drove from Franklin to Highlands, North Carolina, for a delicious birthday lunch at The Bistro on Main, then stopped by Dry Falls on the way back.  The roads are tight and curvy--we've driven them countless Octobers--and the vistas are breathtaking!





Yesterday we drove back to Lawrenceville, stopping at a vineyard where I bought apples, local honey and jams.

Our last stop was Frescos,  a restaurant in Clarksville where I had the best guacamole and homemade corn chips ever.

We got to Carlene's a few minutes before Day arrived in her Uber--and enjoyed a fun afternoon together before Betty had to brave the two-hour Atlanta traffic back to Peachtree City.

If I lived here, I'd get in my car every single day this time of year and explore the mountains and rivers and small towns!

Texas has its charms, for sure, but there's no place more beautiful than here in October as far as I know!










No comments: