Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A new Apple on its way

The Apple Store is open for shopping and repairs--though you have to pop online to make an appointment for either or both.  So I went in for repairs yesterday, a fun outing after not being in mall for so long.  It turns out my four years of Apple Care is expiring in a few days and they offered me $550 for a trade in, so I decided to sell them back this Apple of the Plentiful N's and buy a simpler Apple Air with a new keyboard technology so the repeated sticking of keys is not likely to happen.  No bells and whistles, just a solid and lighter machine. 

I've always been a big fan of Apple products, but this computer has been a bit of a lemon from this start.  So in a few days I will have a new Air and I won't have to erase a string of n's on every line.  Even as I'm writing this, I have to stop and erase several strings of N's on each line. 

I tend to watch movies and snack at the same time so crumbs find their way into the land beneath the letters. I've done this with all my laptops, but this keyboard must be particularly open to food data drifting around the room.

The geniuses at the Apple Store will transfer all my data when the new one arrives.  




No comments: