Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2021

WPC56 on Amazon

I hadn't seen my kids and grands since 2019 when Carlene and I went to Virginia for Christmas, so five happy days with them was great medicine!

Today I wanted to savor all the memories and hugs before starting the next chapter, so I spent the day sleeping and watching a BBC series (WPC56) about the first woman in an all-man police department in England.  

What a perfect series for a day of transitioning. It captured the fifties' music, clothes and cars while following the story of one, then two, women police offers navigating an all-male police squad, determined to make it in spite of everything. 

Bad things happen, else we'd have no story.  But the murders are rendered without gore, almost backdrop for the police work of solving the crimes and the skill of female investigators who at first are considered nothing more than coffee-bringers.  I recommend it for a lazy summer day--it's on Amazon. 




No comments: