Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Interviews

The interviews by Maria Shriver on Sounds True are no longer there.  I liked watching them so much that I'd planned to watch again, but I waited too long. 

Here are a few of my takeaways:

Never stop being curious and creative and playful. The child part of us needs to be active every day.

Get good sleep, eat well and exercise--as good for the brain as for the body.

Instead of giving other people advice, say, "This is my experience."

Nurture your beginner's mind by doing things that are new.  One 95-year-old interviewee said that she loves to read books that are outside her comfort zone, books she has to strain to understand.

Friends and family are essential to good health.  Those who live alone should maintain friendships, maybe get a pet. 

Don't construct a life around the opinions of other people.  Do what you love to do.

Be a lifelong learner.  I'd like to add Carlene's adage that has helped me to avoid obsessing over regrets and mistakes: "Everything is tuition."  








No comments: