Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

March 8th

Today I booked a flight for Georgia, leaving on Thursday.  I'm excited and frenzied as I pack for ten days of winter and spring in a huge suitcase borrowed from Kate.  

My carry-on will be a doggie carrier and I'm slowly getting her accustomed to her traveling bag--as this is our first time to fly together.  Luckily, we got non-stop flights each way.  Coincidentally, Will's family will be in Georgia for part of the time I'll be there and they will be able to pick me up at the airport on Thursday night.  

I wish I'd arranged this sooner, so we could share a flight, but I had to wait and see if my epidurals did the trick.  I had planned to drive, but decided today that flying makes more sense.  I'll get to see my Georgia family and Betty and watch Elena explore Nana's house for the first time.  

As it happens, I have had no pain at all since the second epidural.  But I don't want to tempt a recurrence on the road alone.  

I'm so happy to get to share the date of March 19th with family--the day that would have been my daddy's 100th birthday! 

No comments: