Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2023

My dog, Luci

Luci and I don't have, you know, heart to heart conversations. We don't philosophize, strategize, or hypothesize.  

I can ignore her and do my own thing for hours.  She could, likewise, ignore me if she chose.  But she rarely chooses that option.  She's what dog people call a velcro dog--her very favorite thing (except walking with Freda) is watching my every move and attaching herself to my lap.  Should you come to visit, or vice versa, she will unexpectedly land in your lap like a furry little bumblebee. 

Yesterday, I went to Demo's for lunch.  She met two new humans--both women with hair the color of her reddish coat.  I sat outside eating my messy delicious gyro and she sat at my feet while the women took turns petting her.  Then we went to the thrift shop to donate a few bags and poke around.  The thing about canine best friends is that they like doing whatever their humans do.  Just say the word "go" and they want to do it, whatever it is.  

Luci is, I have to say, (and not because I trained her ) the most well-behaved dog I've ever met.  She is by nature quiet and calm and smart. When I first got her, she destroyed a phone case and a pocket book. I told her not to do that anymore and she quit. 

She loves to give and receive attention.  Jan says she's a working dog, and her job is loving everybody.  

While she may tug at the leash and whimper a bit when she sees another dog, it's fine with her to swap sniffs and licks and then walk on. 

It may verge on insanity (some might say it more than verges) how much I love this  little mutt.  Folks often suggest I get a DNA test and find out what she's a mix of--Shelty?  Corgi? Collie?, but Luci and I don't care. I suspect she's got some angel in her blood line.  

No comments: