Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Thursday

After the first of four MRIs this morning, Freda and I checked out El Catrin Restaurant and Bar, the new and highly rated eatery in the space of a former favorite, Adelantes. Completely transformed in this iteration, it's a modern interior with grays and blues, worlds away from the multicolored folk artsy restaurant we enjoyed for  decades.  

Freda's entree was disappointing, chilaquiles with no eggs.  My eggs rancheros were good.  Ceviche was tasty but a tad too spicy for my taste. The food gets rave reviews, but based on just one visit, our review is mixed, wait and see.  

Just as I was leaving for my tests, the front door wouldn't unlock and it took Edward most of the day to fix it.  I had to leave Luci in the house with the back door unlocked so I could get back in and, of course, was worried that someone would see her cute little face in the window and break in to get her.  This did not happen--though Jan suggested that perhaps a band of dog thieves might break down the door and Luci would have to fight them off. 

I stopped by UPS on the way to return a rug.  I wasn't able to wrap it by myself, so I took the wrap and the rug and the nice guys at UPS wrapped it and sent it right back for me.  "But where's Luci?" they all asked--attesting to my frequency of returning items (along with my sidekick). 

Luci was so despondent about having been left home alone most of the day that she didn't even get into her walk with Freda--usually her favorite thing. Freda said she kept tugging at her leash and trying to get back home.  Jan thinks it's possible Luci might need a tad of therapy.  

We saw a papillon pup at El Catrin.  Inside.  With a service dog vest. His coloring was just like Luci's, but he had a wide face and her tail swooped upwards, very shy her owners said. 

So I did a search on this breed and found one that looked quite a bit like Luci:


This one's face is almost exactly Luci's but she's way shaggier.  Her ears are similar but bigger, and in this case, both stand up--while Luci has an upper and a downer. 

Luci also get votes for Welsh Corgi, and there is some resemblance, though Corgi's weigh about 37 pounds, Luci 10.

Long haired dachshund? Shelty?  Collie?

I'm going with long-haired dachshund mixed with papillon with a great aunt Corgi and a Collie cousin. 



No comments: