Pages

Friday, April 19, 2024

Another Good and Busy Week

My house and casita have been painted grey, and I love the color!  So far, the doors and floors are all that's left and it should be a wrap on Monday.  

After numerous frustrations with handymen who didn't show up--or for whom I had to run errands--I hired Groovy Hues to do the work, and I've been very happy with their work. Trey's truck won me over: a hippy-colored vehicle with these words on the side: Peace, Love, Power-Washing, and Paint. 

When Day was here, she helped me do a color palette on her fancy iPad program, Pro-create.  I wasn't able to see the exact colors, but I could visualize the general idea.  Then we chose Grey Clouds for the main color and we're accenting it with a dark charcoal and white--quite a contrast from white all over trimmed in red and turquoise.  The new doors will all be green.

Grey clouds is appropriate for the weather we've been having.  The back yard is bursting with colors, pink and yellow and purple.  The bees and the occasional hummingbirds are enjoying all that color.  The front yard has not yet bloomed, but it's on its way.

Will and Bonnie made wonderful Pad Thai for dinner for Wednesday night and Luci enjoyed playing with her three doggie cousins.  Bonnie gave me a book I'm enjoying this morning, one I highly recommend to people who like dogs and horses and solo travel.  The true story is set in the early 50's, and the solo traveler is a woman in her sixties who travels from Maine to California--without a cell phone or credit card or road map--on horseback.

The Ride of Her Life by Elizabeth Letts 





No comments: