Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Back home in Texas

Luci stayed home with her new friend Jules this week, visiting occasionally with Jan and George and Carma. 

Some days Jules took Luci to visit her parents and their three dogs.  One night she went to game night with her and her friends.

Meanwhile, Bob and Jocelyn and Carlene and I had wonderful 101st birthday celebration.  We walked the Lloyd Harris trail on her actual birthday--though she and Bob did most of the actual walking.  

Carlene went with me to find a house for my next and longer stay--and I'm excited about having them all over in "my house" between October 19th and November 6th.

Meanwhile: today on Jan's birthday, our entire street was engaged in hauling off downed trees from last night's storm and returning to their houses without power.  I lost a hefty chunk of my pecan tree, Jan lost two--one of which blocked the street until our neighbors called in some help, and Curran had the most damage to his house and roof.

Almost everyone I know was affected, all but Freda--and her daughter was.  

Refrigerated food and frozen foods had to be given away or disposed of.  

SO I have moved out to Will's house--the one he has for sale.  I had a long luxurious bath and am watching The Airport Chaplain on my working computer!



No comments: