So the little baby of Emma and Connor--Gus--was born two days ago in Austin. Almost seven pounds, he's already a handsome little guy.
Emma sent us shower hosts each a goddess. My pink one is now hanging happily over my sink.
It was a uniquely wonderful experience to have lunch with three generations of women. I think we should all seek out more opportunities to spend time with older and younger friends! When like-minded women of all ages get together, the vibrant spirit of the goddess shows up to play!
Carlene's 101st birthday is already on GO! She had lunch with her friend Cathy in the dining room yesterday--the same Cathy who hosted a party in her home for her last year.
My Uber is coming at 12 noon tomorrow for a 2:00 flight, Then I'l fly to Atlanta, get an UBER or the shuttle to Athens, and with Bob and Jocelyn leading the way, I'll drive to my Air BnB.
Meanwhile I have been pursuing my pocket book hobby today. Went to North Star mall today to get Elena a red pocketbook for her first day at Durango High School--whose colors are red and white.
Carlene once called me the bag lady--due to my penchant for pocketbooks (aka handbags and purses) --as well as tote bags, back packs, and bag by any other name.
Most of us women love containers--bags and bowls and baskets. I hadn't been to the mall in ages, and what did I look at most: huge arrays of bags in all colors. I got myself a cute little turquoise Consuela while I was there.
Speaking of Consuela: I remember when she was selling her bags at a crafts fair in Boerne. Now she is a big name world wide. She's also now partnering with James Avery and designing all their colorful enameled charms.
My blue suitcase is open and packed on the living room floor. Luci alternates between getting IN the suitcase ("Don't you dare forget me!") and walking around sighing and staring and looking as glum as possible. She definitely knows something's up.
No comments:
Post a Comment