Out with the red, in with the blues!
SO I bought my first and last red car in February 2025, right after the election. Carlene gave Bob and me each a portion of the sale of her house (each our bedroom, she said) and I chose a cool Honda HRV Sport. Four wheel drive. Black interior.
I had two long road trips in it and it handles very well. But it wasn't....
BLUE!
I wanted blue. I always want blue. I made an impulsive decision to go with the red, and after a year and a half, it just didn't feel like ME.
So after seeing this little powder-blue Volkswagen Taos, I went over to the Alamo Heights VW dealer and took a test drive, fell in love! Tonight it came home with me and Luci in it.
My salesman, Cameron Harris, was wonderful! Today was his 34th birthday and he shared his red velvet birthday cake and lots of easy-going no-pressure conversations. I considered buying Blue's big sister, a dark-blue Tiguan, but Jan and I decided the lighter blue would be less hot on these summer days.
My three favorite cars have all been blue:
My first car-of-my-own was a 1990 turquoise Acura Integra--a beauty.
My second Mini Cooper was Easter-egg turquoise.
And now we have Blue, a gorgeous 2026 Taos.
What a thrilling day to get the BLUES!





No comments:
Post a Comment