Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2026

What I'm Reading, Watching, and Making

 Books I'm reading this week: 






On Netflix:

The Airport Chaplain

Private Life

Paddleton


On Prime:

Mr. Burton--excellent movie about the young Richard Burton and his teacher


PBS

Here I Stand--about Dolly Parton

Saved by the World: A documentary about Mary Oliver


Online Art Classes 


I won a 6 week course on gel printing that begins in mid-October. 

I purchased a class on collage from the Take Two site of outstanding art tutorials; I've barely begun, but it's going to be a great class. 

Lyn Belisle's outstanding classes on making reliquaries

I continue to watch a wealth of classes as a member of The Handmade Book Club--today's being a fun class, "Mixed Media Embroidery Hoop"


This is the only book I've made headway on this summer.  The book is made of one 32x22" sheet of watercolor paper.  This is only the beginning.  It still needs content and closures, and I'll show you those when I'm done;





No comments: