I remember reading the Steinbeck novel, East of Eden, in the early 70s on the front porch of our house on Beckmann Hill in Helotes. If you had asked me about the plot 55 years later, I wouldn't have been able to tell you--just that the book was one of the most engrossing books I'd ever read.
Now Netflix has made the story into a seven-part series so powerful that once you start it, you can't stop. I watched the first episodes last night, until 2 in the morning, then the final episode this morning. The casting, acting, and photography make this a not-to-be-missed series.
If you watch it, you'll want to stop and ponder the story for a long time. After you do, go right to the Netflix podcast called SKIP INTRO, which is an interview with Florence Hugh who plays the main female character, Cathy.
No comments:
Post a Comment