Pages

Friday, November 10, 2017

Gratitudes

On my recent trip to Georgia, I bought a few little rocks for Sebastien and Makken.  Here's the note I got back, worth way more than the rocks:

"Thank you Linda for the jam, Honey and beautiful rocks.  I love them so much.  Sebastien."

And in very large print: "THANK YOU FOR THE [drawing of rocks] [heart] MAKKEN."

It's so rare for people of any age to write thank you notes for small gifts. Those two boys are grateful for every little thing.

Jan took a nasty fall watering plants this afternoon.  At this point, she's decided she doesn't want to go to the ER, so we just went to Wal-Mart to get her glasses repaired from the fall.  She has a black eye and a cut on her forehead and probably whiplash in her neck, but she's able to walk and I'm waiting to hear if she decides to go in for emergency treatment.

As for gratitude, I'm enjoying watching the messy project of having grass planted in the back yard (the whole project an early Christmas present from my generous mama!) and thankful to Kate for going with me to the nursery this morning to choose plants for the yard!  We had such a fun day shopping for plants and eating lunch together.

The black back yard goes green tomorrow, and the driveway is filled with limbs and leaves....

No comments: