Pages

Monday, November 13, 2017

Jazz or Granny?

Since changing my diet and feeling amazingly better, I've made it a habit to eat apple slices with cheese at night.  Delicious!

But not with Delicious Reds.  Too mushy.  The apple needs to be crispy and a little tart.   Gala is great.

But I'm expanding my repertoire.  Today I tried Jazz and Granny Smith--both good--and decided to create a visual hybrid:



Doing this reminded me of the days (twenty or so years ago) when I photographed hundreds of round things, then assembled them into grids.  Later, I did the same thing with headlights on classic cars--an assemblage that is hanging in Mike's house.

In the original project, inspired by a heart-shaped tomato, I mostly photographed fruits and vegetables and bagels and sweet Mexican pastries iced in pink and yellow and blue.

One day, I heard Will and his friend coming in after school and he called out to me,"Mom, are these bagels to eat or take pictures of?"



This little fish of a red onion is left over from last night's guacamole--which was almost as good as the guacamole we discovered in Clarksville, Georgia, except that I forgot the cilantro.  Mashed up avocados, a little orange juice, red tomatoes, a spritz of lemon--very tasty.  

I'm distracting myself with silly while the men are figuring out to do with all the cut-down limbs, hoping the driveway will be power washed before writing group tonight!


No comments: