Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Landing in San Antonio

The flight attendant sang us three songs--to the tune of "Deep in the Heart of Texas."

The man in the window seat was on his way to Mexico with Milla, his Finnish exchange student, to visit a Mexican orphanage he sponsors.  The young woman across the aisle, originally from India, was flying to SA to visit a friend. As I played my word game on my phone, all three of them got involved and we played it together all the way home.  Milla, who's only known English for 8 years, found the most complex words fastest.  

I was all set to call Uber when I landed, having two suitcases and a backpack--but Pam texted me and asked  if I wanted a pick up and I did.  We stopped by Vallarta's for chalupas and conversation and then drove home under a huge lemon pie moon. Kate has neatly stacked all my mail and all seems well on Ogden Lane.  

Travel days are exhausting, but this one--thanks to good flight company and a hilarious flight attendant and a welcome home visit from Pam--was a good one!



Yesterday, we had a fun celebration of Bob's and Jocelyn's and my October birthdays with a delicious meal in Athens.

One of my gifts from Bob and Jocelyn was a blue ladder I'd admired in an antiques store in Madison in September.  Instead of giving me the ladder in the restaurant, they gave me (in a bag of bath balls and candles) a picture of it.  The actual ladder was in their truck (bedecked with a big shiny bow) and is now in my closet at Carlene's ready to transport when I drive there next visit.






No comments: